Friday, March 16, 2012

These are a few of my favorite (handmade) things!

Today I just wanted to share a post about some of my very favorite handmade items I have. I love buying handmade items it is so personal. I like knowing the artist behind the art. When I buy handmade, I know where my money is going and it feels so GOOD to be able to support people and what they are doing. Sometimes buying handmade makes a difference between if a person can even feed their family or not. Not only do I get something amazing out of the deal, I get to help people live and pursue dreams.

I picked up these sweet earrings in the Greenville Pendleton Street Art District a couple months ago. Kelly is the owner of Ragged & Funny and makes the coolest earring from vintage lace.



I'm crazy about pottery, so everywhere I go I have my "pottery radar" up. I picked up these pieces on my most recent trip to Israel outside of the Tomb of the Patriarchs. I didn't watch them make these exact pieces, but I did spend some time watching the potter throw some pomegranates. Another family member hand-painted these colorful designs on the dishes. This family makes their living selling pots.

The last item is a bracelet made from vintage lace by Jenny, owner of Helen and Floyd's. I have introduced her before on this blog (read about that here).

Enjoy the lovely weather today. You can't help but be happy when the sun is shining!

LOVE,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment