Friday, April 22, 2011

Bow Necklaces!

So, I finally got a few new items up in my etsy shop! I'm so exited about these adorable little necklaces. I discovered felting in a fiber arts class I took in college and fell in love with working with this medium.  I made these little bows using the wet felting process. The wool I used for these two necklaces I actually saved from being thrown away at the end of my fiber arts class! I'm very glad I could recycle and reuse it.
The buttons are both vintage from my grandmothers collection.

I discovered all these buttons in a circa 1950's suitcase when we were helping them move to SC. She has hundreds of old buttons and I'm sure some of them are probably very valuable. I love just shuffling through them and inspecting them all. I have so many ideas running through my head of all the ways they could be used, but for now they will be the centerpieces of my darling bow necklaces.

Enjoy your Easter weekend! It's my favorite holiday and I can't wait to wear my new dress from boden.com! 

*C* 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment