Saturday, January 28, 2012

Clay

There are days I just HAVE to create something or I think I'm going to die. I'll have these ideas running around in my head all day at work and I can't stop thinking about them until I can make them. If you are creative, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean :)
Just wanted to share with what I have been working on this week! I designed these pendants and you can see a little of my process below. I'm so glad it's Saturday so I can finish them up and get them ready to go into the kiln to be fired!

This is the sketch I started off with. I enlarged it and then cut it out.



I laid the cutout paper on a piece of rolled out clay and then cut it out.


This is the clay all cut out and drying! I'm just waiting for it to dry out completely so I can soften the rough edges.






Can't wait to get some glaze on these! I think they are going to make either great pendants for necklaces or some beautiful Christmas ornaments.

Have a happy weekend!

XO,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment